~ my name was not betsy, it was cuddlebutton
~ whenever she saw me sucking my thumb she would ask what flavor it was that day. and as a six year old (yeah, i know) i would try to think of all the flavors i knew of to report back to her.
~ caffeine free diet coke, guava juice, and postum
~ her amazing talents of sewing, knitting and crocheting
~ her moccasin house shoes
~ her crush on steve young
~ her adoration of cats - why i love them
~ her strong will. she fought hard for a good life for her son and was a hard working single mom.
~ her house smelled like sandies cookies (mmmm....)
~ my high waist, cankles, relief society elbows, and hunch back - all her
~ her love of hawaii. if it wasn't for her, we would not be here. unfortunately she sold her house a little soon.
~ she was one stylish lady. always coordinated and always fixed up.
~ her intelligence. which was only passed on as far as her own son.
~ we never wanted to disappoint her.
3 comments:
I thought the relief society elbows & cankles came from the other side! If not, how did I get them??
if it comes from both sides denae, then where are mine, i feel left out... i guess you have to go to relief society to get um...
betsy, i loved it thank you... i forgot about her shoes! i loved those things!
Your grandma sounds amazing! I think its so sweet how you remember all these things about her. It's as if she is still here. Even though I didn't know her, I was touched by the things you wrote about her. You are such a sweetie!
Post a Comment